Chicken breasts one per person
Olive oil or butter, PAM spray works too
5-6 small yellow or Yukon gold potatoes, substitute if you like another kind.
Dried or fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
1/2 apple per person
1/2 onion(walla-walla sweet or yellow onions are best)
1/2 cup chicken broth
(If you like, you can also add carrots or parsnips for an one dish recipe)
Heat the oven for 400 degrees (or a bit higher for roasting)
1. Wash the chicken carefully, pat dry with paper towels
2. rub chicken with a bit of olive oil, butter, or spray with PAM
3. Sprinkle with fresh or dried rosemary. About 1/4 tsp. per chicken breast and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut up the potatoes and apples into medium small chunks
5. Cut the onion into medium/small strips.
6.In a baking dish, add chicken broth, chicken sprinkled with rosemary and salt and pepper, also add potatoes. If using carrots and/or parsnips add now. Ad a bit more salt and pepper to potatoes.
7. Let bake for 15 minutes or so
8. add apples and onions
9. Spoon the broth over the chicken breasts.
10. Bake until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. If you have used chicken breasts with skin, the skin should be nice and brown.
11. Serve with a green or fruit salad and crusty bread enjoy!