Quote of the Day, Love: Oscar Wilde

To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.

Go ahead and search it up

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's I

I'm not waiting for some great love to buy me anything for Valentine's day. But instead of sitting around, I'm going to by myself some pretty underwear just for me.  Why do we have to wait for some male approval? Why not walk around   in some beautiful undies under your jeans and hoodies? And if we want roses, gosh darn it, we can buy them ourselves. That's not pitiful, it's self  empowerment. Now buying ten of those heart shaped candy boxes and finishing them off before March, maybe that should be reconsidered.
.
It is almost always a mistake to relegate your happiness to someone else's action or inaction so I've decided that this Valentine's day will be my Thanksgiving with chocolate. I'm thankful for a loving family and friends, getting through grad school with an end in sight, food, water, air, for my freedom, and, for being happily single rather than with miserably matched. It's time for all single women to stop hiding on this holiday and instead declare it our own; our day to (finally) love ourselves.

1 comment:

Sunny June said...

that's so true. I like to buy those stuff for myself too!